F16V2-R Pixel Controller
Completely Assembled. 680 pixel per output pixel controller. All boards will be ordered in the color red.
- F16V2R Firmware 1.11 b006 - Beta firmware (Red Controller)
- F16V2 Firmware 1.11 b006 - Beta firmware (Blue Controller)
- F16V2R Firmware 1.09 - Current Firmware for F16V2R (Red Controller)
- F16V2 Firmware 1.09 - Current Firmware for F16V2 (Blue Controller)
- Firmware Release Notes
- Network Firmware Updater - This software update firmware on F16V2R and F4V2 over a network connection.
- USB Firmware Updater - This software update firmware on F16V2R, F16V2 and F4V2 over a USB connection.
- Update Firmware over Network (Windows but MAC and Linux soon to come)
- Update Firmware with USB (Windows Only)
- Powering F16V2/F16V2R (By: Alan Dahl)
- Wiring Pixels Connectors (By: Alan Dahl)
- Virtual Strings 1
- Virtual Strings 2
- OLED Network Menu
- Vixen3 - Patching and F16V2 (By:Jon Chuchla)
The controller receives 64 universes of E131 data no problem. The DMX outputs all are working.
Board current specs
Board can be powered from pixel power or external power. Both inputs can be 5-24VDC.
Power output port to power switches.
An additional optional 5-24V switched regulator can be added to give an additional 1.5A of power if needed on a 2-pin connector.
Two independent sides of power. Each one can be a different voltage.
(Expansion board also has two independent pixel power inputs giving 4 independent ports of input power when using 32 string mode and expansion board)
16 - Fused outputs for main board and expansion board.
Number of strings
16 strings or 32 with expansion board.
All strings can use any of the 32768 channels this controller can receive as a start address.
Each string can be independently configured for null nodes, zigzag, forward/reverse, node type, pixel count , grouping etc...
Pixel per string
680 pixels per string in 16 string mode or 340 pixels per string with additional expansion board ($50US) using 32 string mode.
All string ports can be any of the following string types. They all can be independently set.
WS2801 / WS2803
WS2811 / WS2812 / TM1804 / TM1803 / TM1809 / TM1812 / SM16715 / INK1003
TLS3001 / TLS3002 / CY3005
LPD6803 / D705 / LPD1101 / USC6909 / UCS6912
GE Color Effects (GECE)
String Types to be added in near future
SM16716, MBI6020, P981x
(We can fit two more in current image. Additional formats will be added to an additional image which will be held in flash making switching images as easy as selecting image in user webpage interface.)
4 - Dedicated RS-485 outputs
LCD Display,Push Buttons and Indicators
.96" OLED 128x64 matrix display for setup and status.
5 - Push buttons to control display. Up, Down, Right, Left and Select
Power LED for main fuse/pixel board
Power LED for FPGA/Controller Board
Two multi purpose LEDS for status.
16 - Optional Blown Fuse LED Indicators (User must source LEDS)
1 - Processor temperature sensor.
2 - Additional Sensors
(The sensors are like a little 2" two core wire. One is provided the other can be purchased from Mouser. Additional wire can be added to move sensor out of enclosure to give ambient temperature outside.)
The incoming pixel voltages of main board are detected and displayed in user interface. (The webpage interface and OLED displays the voltages and temperatures.)
Raspberry PI Interface for running Falcon Player (FPP)
The controller in near future will have ability to connect directly to a RPi running FPP. In this configuration the controller can operate as a standalone controller with audio and video making it one of the most powerful platforms for driving RGB lights, music and video. All configuration of controller will be embedded into the standard FPP user interface.
1) Expansion board must be within 1.5 feet of main board. Maybe further but no guarantee.
2) Pictures belowe do not show the newly added OLED display and push buttons.
3) Pictures below do not show that the Pixelnet input section has been removed.
4) Also two holes have been added to FPGA board to hold Phy connector secure with a zip tie.
5) If you live in Australia or New Zealand, DarylC will be offering the boards over there. Pricing will differ.
This is the thread to see if you are in Australia or New Zealand. Please register on this forum.
Customers who bought this product also bought:
F4V2 Pixel Controller$120.00